Wednesday, July 18, 2007

March 15, 2007 Baked Tomato Fish

Easy Tastebud Delights
3.15 Edition (March 15, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+
Hi Everyone! This recipe caught my attention when I saw it. I usually make battered fish or fish that has a citrus marinade, I've never thought of trying a tomato based fish, although I've seen it in recipes many times. Enjoy!

Baked Tomato Fish

6 white fish fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion -- chopped
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic -- chopped
12 olives -- pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley -- chopped
2 ribs celery -- finely chopped
salt and pepper -- to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange fish in a single layer in an oiled, shallow, covered baking dish. Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté onion until
translucent. Add tomato sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add olives, parsley and celery. Continue cooking 2 minutes longer. Spoon sauce over fillets, cover and bake 25 minutes.

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: