Monday, July 30, 2007

July 30, 2007 Pork Chop Dinner

Easy Tastebud Delights
7.30 Edition (July 30, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone and Happy Monday to you! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It's so hard to believe that July is nearly over, where did the summer go?

Today's recipe is a request from Group Member Deb. She was looking for a recipe for pork chops in mushroom sauce. I found a recipe in my database very quickly after I received her request and sent the recipe to her, I read the recipe over again and it is the same mushroom sauce I use for my stovetop meatballs when I don't use alfredo sauce. One thing I've learned is that too much onion soup makes the sauce very salty so I try to limit the amount used to half a package, regardless of what the recipe says. Here you go again, Deb with a few changes! I'm sure the chops will be tasty and if you'd like to do them on the stovetop or in the oven instead of a slow cooker, I see no reason why it wouldn't work either. In the oven, I think the temperature would be about 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes covered and stovetop would be about medium temperature covered for 20 to 30 minutes, just make sure the chops are completely cooked and if there is a bone, they may take a bit longer than boneless pork. Enjoy!

Pork Chop Dinner

Makes 4 servings

6 - 8 medium carrots (1 pound), sliced
3 - 4 medium potatoes, cubed
4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
1 large onion, sliced
1/2 package onion soup mix
1 can drained, strained stems and pieces mushrooms
2-10 3/4-ounce cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

Place carrots and potatoes in a slow cooker. Top with the pork chops, onion, soup mix, mushrooms and soup. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: