Wednesday, July 25, 2007

February 7, 2007 Mom B's Stuffed Peppers

Easy Tastebud Delights
2.07 Edition (February 7, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+


Hi Everyone and Happy Wednesday to you all! This recipe is a memorable one for me. The first time I made Stuffed Peppers I was about 25 and I made them with my Mom. She took me step by step through the process and made it all seem so simple. I enjoy making these when peppers are on sale and I can get different colours. This mixture also works well in cabbage rolls.





Mom B's Stuffed Peppers

6 large green peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. minced or 2 cloves fresh garlic
1 cup cooked rice
1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Cut thin slice from stem end of each pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse. Cook peppers in enough boiling water to cover for 5 minutes; drain. Cook and stir hamburger and onion in 10 inch skillet until hamburger is light brown; drain. Stir in garlic, rice, salt and 1/2 can tomato sauce; heat through. Stuff each pepper with hamburger mixture; stand upright in ungreased baking dish with 1/2 the remaining sauce from the can. Pour remaining sauce over peppers. Cover, cook in 350* oven for 45 minutes. Uncover, cook 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese.

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: