Sunday, July 29, 2007

July 29, 2007 Swedish Meatballs with Sauce

Easy Tastebud Delights
7.29 Edition (July 29, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday to you!

Quite often we buy the frozen meatballs for quick and easy dinner times. I usually serve them with jarred alfredo sauce and fettuccine.

With this recipe I can make my meatballs ahead of time and have them in the freezer for those nights I don't feel like cooking but want a yummy dinner. I've been informed this recipe makes LOTS, so is also great for a large gathering. Enjoy!

Swedish Meatballs with Sauce

3-1/2 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground lean pork
1-1/2 cups minced onion
2-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
3 tsp. minced parsley
4-1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper, scant
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 cups evaporated milk
3 eggs
---
SAUCE:
3/4 cups. flour
3 tsp. paprika
3/8 tsp. pepper
2 C. sour cream
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 can mushroom soup
---
Meatballs: Mix all ingredients. Shape in balls. Brown in 3/4 cup hot oil.

Sauce: Stir 2 cups boiling water with 1 can mushroom soup & rest of ingredients. Pour gravy over meatball, simmer 20 minutes.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .