Wednesday, July 25, 2007

February 20, 2007 Tomato Florentine Soup

Easy Tastebud Delights
2.20 Edition (February 20, 2007)
Quick and Easy Recipes
Less than 30 minutes

Hi Everyone! Happy Fat Tuesday to you!! Today I picked up about 12 more cookbooks at the Value Village half price sale...many of them focus on quick and easy meals, so once I go through them I will have more recipes to share!

The weather is supposed to start warming up this week, so the recipe I will share is another comfort food soup. I've been making this soup for the past 2 years and it rarely makes it to the freezer. If you have leftover meat, add it or it can be a great meat-free dish. The colour is amazing and it is so FAST! I made some on Saturday and it took around 20 minutes to put together, heat and serve...our boys love it too so that's a bonus! Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches. Enjoy!

Tomato Florentine Soup

5 cups water
1 tbsp. concentrated chicken stock
1 can vegetable soup
1/2 cup salsa
1 can tomato soup
1/2 pkg. frozen spinach
1/4 tsp. oregano
ground pepper to taste
1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
hot sauce to taste
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 pkg. Spring Vegetable Cup-a-Soup
---
1/2 cup uncooked mini pasta shells
Combine all ingredients in saucepan without thawing the spinach. Allow to heat gently for 20 minutes on medium-low heat until spinach is tender. Do NOT boil!
When pasta is al dente, soup is ready to serve. Enjoy!

Freezes well.

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: