Sunday, July 29, 2007

January 22, 2007 Tomato Pie

Easy Tastebud Delights
Twenty Third Edition (January 22, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+


Hi Everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. I started mine off at the grocery store and was really glad I did. Our local grocery store, (No Frills), has some great savings on meat first thing Monday mornings, which I found out purely by accident. We bought a pork roast, lean ground beef, a simmering steak, a package of pork ribs and 2 packages of breaded chicken fillet cutlets and saved nearly $20 on those purchases alone.

When I got home, I made a marinade for the ribs and froze them in a zippy bag, a rub for the roast which I cut into steaks and froze in a zippy, meatballs out of the hamburger which I cooked, cooled
and spread on a cookie sheet to freeze. I also froze one of the packages of chicken the same way. I cut up the steak and one of the the packages of chicken into strips for tonight's dinner.

With that said, it's been a busy day but well worth the work because it will save so much time at meal time for me.

I also bought 2 packages of fish fillets and wrapped in a kitchen towel and put in the fridge for tomorrow's dinner, we will be trying the recipe for "An Honest Sole".

Today's recipe was sent to me by my Mom in the mail about 15 years ago. I had been talking to her on the phone when she tried it and loved it.

Enjoy!

Tomato Pie
My sister who doesn't like tomatoes, likes this recipe!

1 cup bread crumbs
3 ripe tomatoes peeled
1 onion thinly sliced
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs
4 slices, bacon partially cooked

In deep dish pan, buttered well. Layer twice, crumbs, tomatoes, onions and cheese. Beat eggs, place on top with bacon. Bake at 350*F for 35-45 minutes.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.