Sunday, July 29, 2007

January 20, 2007 An Honest Sole

Easy Tastebud Delights
Twenty First Edition (January 20, 2007)
Quick and Easy Recipes
Less than 30 minutes

Hello Everyone and Happy Saturday to you! Today's meal is fish. I have to admit the only time I've ever put fish in the microwave, it was to defrost it and I had disappointing results because it turned mushy.

I can't wait to try this recipe because the time it will save will be completely worth it. I will be testing this recipe next week and reporting back with my results.

I plan to serve this with Minute Rice with butter and "Beta" frozen vegetables sprinkled with oregano. These are my favourite frozen and consist of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. The colour is so appealing and our boys just LOVE them!

An Honest Sole

1/3 cup sliced almonds
1 tsp. margarine or butter
8 oz. fresh sole fillets
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Chopped fresh parsley
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Sprinkle of paprika
Lemon wedges

Place the almonds and margarine in a measuring cup and microwave on high for one minute.

Stir well to distribute the margarine, stirring every minute then microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until the almonds are toasted and set aside.

Put the fish fillets into a glass pie plate and sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley.

Cover with wax paper then microwave on high for three minutes or until the fish flakes easily.

If desired add salt, pepper and paprika and transfer the fillets to dinner plates and top with the toasted almonds.

Garnish with lemon wedges.

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .