Sunday, July 29, 2007

January 5, 2007 Meatballs and Mushroom Sauce with Pasta

Easy Tastebud Delights
Sixth Edition (January 5, 2007)
Quick and Easy Recipes
Less than 45 minutes

Hi Everyone! Friday is finally here!! Tonight we are going to be in and out of the kitchen in about half an hour! This is the meal that I used to make when our oldest son was going to karate and had to be out the door by 5:00pm. At the time, he was getting home from school at 4:00pm and he had a one hour window to the get his homework done, fed and dressed to leave. Usually he would have a bit of time to play before leaving, too! I end up using 3 pots/pans but it's worth it because they really don't get all that dirty.

This recipe is to feed a family of 4, so adjust to your family's needs.

Meatballs and Mushroom Sauce with Pasta

25 frozen meatballs, (I like the Swedish ones!)
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 soupcan of milk
1/2 package onion soup mix
worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. minced, jarred garlic
1 package pasta, (fresh fettuccine is my favourite or dry egg noodles)
1 tbsp. salt
fresh or dried herbs, to taste, (I like oregano, basil and rosemary: a sprinkle of each)
parmesan cheese, to top

Bring large pot of water to boil.

Heat frying pan and add vegetable oil and a layer of meatballs. (James Smith, the Frugal Gourmet said that a HOT pan, COLD oil, then meat reduces chances of sticking). Turn to brown all sides.

In saucepan, add mushroom soup and milk then heat. Add onion soup mix, worchestershire sauce and garlic and warm on medium-low heat. Turn off pan.

Add pasta to pot and cook for recommmended time then taste.

When meatballs are browned on all sides add to sauce. Drain and plate the pasta and pour the sauce and meatballs over top, then add parmesan cheese.

Voila!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and that these recipes are helping with your mealtime decisions. If you have any recipes that you would like to share with me, I'd LOVE to receive them, I may even use them in the newsletter. Just send me an email with your recipe and any history or memories behind it, whether it is a quick and easy recipe, (Less than 45 minutes) or easy recipe, (45 minutes +).

---------------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email at lotsarecipes@gmail.com with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .