Wednesday, July 25, 2007

February 16, 2007 Easy Beef Enchiladas

Easy Tastebud Delights
2.16 Edition (February 16, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone and Happy Friday to you! This recipe was submitted by one of the newsletter members. (Thanks Hazel!) I've sent her comments on it and am hoping to try this soon.

If you would like to submit recipes, they are always welcome. Send an email to me with newsletter in the subject line.

I have a sister who can't cook. (Yes she can even burn a pan of water, she forgets it is on the stove with the stove turned on) Anyway she found this recipe on the back of a can of Old El Paso enchilada sauce and tried it. She enjoyed it so much she shared the recipe with the rest of the family. When I first saw my sister sending me a recipe I thought okay if she can make it then it has to be easy. And it was. And the family loved it.
I made it a couple nights ago and let me tell ya. It was the first time since Christmas dinner my son (age 16) walked away from the dinner table and didn't end up in the kitchen an hour later making a sandwich. That is amazing in itself! LOL!
With my family of 5, including my 16 yr old who loves to eat, I doubled the amount of the filling and made them into what my daughter called "Monster Enchiladas"
1 pound ground beef
1 (19 ounce) can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12 flour tortillas (Small taco size)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Crumble and cook beef thoroughly. (Before cooking I seasoned my beef with Mrs. Dash Seasoning and a little onion powder.) Drain off excess fat. Stir in 1/2 the can of enchilada sauce and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix well.
Spoon the filling onto a tortilla. Fold up tortilla and place seam side down in a 13"x9" baking pan. Pour remaining sauce over top. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
I served them with a tossed green salad and they were a big hit. Hope you like them.
Submitted by Hazel C.
-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: