Sunday, July 29, 2007

January 13, 2007 Baked Fish with Orange

Easy Tastebud Delights
Fourteenth Edition (January 13, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful Saturday. Today's recipe is FISH FILLETS! I've never had much luck cooking fillets because I usually defrost the fish IN the bag they came in or in the microwave, so as the fish defrosts, it soaks up the water at the same time, turning the fish mushy.

Knowing this, I will remove the fish from the bag and wrap the fillets in a kitchen towel in the fridge overnight.

This looks like a recipe that I really want to try. I used to make fish with a lemon sauce or Italian salad dressing sauce and they are good but it's always nice to try something new.

Baked Fish with Orange

2-3 ozs. butter
6ozs. fresh breadcrumbs
1 garlic crushed (or garlic salt)
4 portions cod
juice & grated rind of 1 lge orange
salt and pepper

Melt the butter in frying pan, add the crumbs, garlic and grated orange rind. Stir until crumbs have absorbed all the butter. Place fish portions in a buttered ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, then pour over the orange juice. Bake uncovered for 20-30 mins. in mod. oven.

------------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .