Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 23, 2007 Mexican Chicken Salad

Easy Tastebud Delights
7.23 Edition (July 23, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone and Happy Monday to you. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

When I saw this recipe, I knew it was something I wanted to try. I was thinking instead of using cheddar cheese and spicy salsa there are cheeses with spicy peppers and mild versions of salsa available. Instead of cooking a chicken to get the pieces for the salad, you could also save time by buying a whole cooked deli chicken and remove the pieces you need. Enjoy!

Mexican Chicken Salad

3 cups cooked cubed chicken
15 oz. can corn, drained
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup chunky, hot salsa
1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
3/4 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing

Combine all ingredients except salsa, cilantro and salad dressing and toss gently. Combine salsa, oregano and salad dressing in small bowl and drizzle over chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1-3 hours to blend flavors.

Serves 8

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: