Sunday, July 29, 2007

January 19, 2007 Pasta Carbonara

Easy Tastebud Delights
Twentieth Edition (January 19, 2007)
Quick and Easy Recipes
Less than 30 minutes

Hi Everyone! Friday is here at last!! I love pasta and have been working on practicing to make different sauces. Here is a recipe that combines the two. Again, I haven't tried this one but will send an update once I do.

A couple nights ago, I tested out the Baked Fish with orange. The orange that I had was very small, so I added a bit of frozen orange juice to the mixture. I was a bit disappointed. I expected the fish to have a more intense orange flavour than it did. Next time I will try using just the concentrate. I was pleased with defrosting the fillets in a kitchen towel though. The consistency was what I was hoping for. It wasn't mushy this time.

Pasta Carbonara

6 slices bacon (chopped into small pieces)
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
250 ml table cream
1 egg beaten
Salt and black pepper to taste
450g of linguini (or any pasta you desire)

Heat the oil in a small saucepan.

Sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes then add the bacon.

Cook the bacon until it starts to brown then add the cream.

Add the salt and black pepper and reduce the heat to a simmer until the pasta is cooked.

Drain the pasta well and return it to the pot.

Pour the bacon sauce over the top of the pasta and then pour the egg over top.

Mix the pasta well and serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings.

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .