Sunday, February 10, 2008

January 27, 2008 Superbowl Special: Day 1 (Kickin' Burgers)

Easy Tastebud Delights
01.27.08 Edition (January 27, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and Sunday went well for you. I felt a bit under the weather when I woke up but quickly solved that by making a tomato florentine soup at my oldest son's request...Him asking for tomatoes and spinach in a soup was quickly complied with. I know I've shared this recipe in the past and if you'd like to see it again, go to the Anniversary Edition, (December 31, 2007) of my blog.

Next Sunday, is Superbowl Sunday and I have been collecting recipes specifically for this event.

I am not a football fan but I do love food and different appetizers. From now until next Sunday I will be sending through the "perfect" snack foods for the occasion.

Saturday I'll be sharing "chicken wing" recipes because of the big Wild Wing get together with Mookie and the Mookieville crew meeting at the restaurant in Brampton. If you live in the area, like country atmosphere and chicken wings, (they have 101 different flavours), pack up your family and head to Wild Wing. You'll be able to meet the "infamous" Mookie that I'm always talking about and all the blogging buddies on Country 95.3 website.

Let's get to the recipe of the day before I get off on another tangent.

Ryan named these a few years ago and any kicking that's going to be done will happen on Superbowl Sunday. Grill these up in advance then heat them in the microwave when they are needed! Enjoy!

Kickin' Burgers

These burgers are better than any fast food or frozen premade burgers around. Hubby created them and I must admit, he has them MASTERED!

1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 diced onion
1 tbsp. barbecue sauce
worchestershire sauce to taste
tabasco sauce to taste
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. coarse salt
fresh cracked black pepper to taste

Mix spices and onion with barbecue sauce. Add ground beef and mix well. Let sit in fridge for 1/2 hour. Form into patties and put on a hot grill. Flip when first side is cooked. Serve on hamburger buns while still hot.

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: