Monday, January 28, 2008

January 26, 2008 Meatball Macaroni Soup

Easy Tastebud Delights
01.26.08 Edition (January 26, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope your Saturday is going well.

It is no secret to anyone that knows me that I like soup and enjoy trying different kinds every chance I get. I've made a soup similar to this one a few times and enjoyed it very much.

Serve with garlic cheese biscuits or garlic bread and a side salad. Enjoy!

Meatball
Macaroni Soup

Meatballs:
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 lightly beaten egg
2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. dried basil or oregano
1/2 tsp. onion powder

Soup:
5-3/4 cups chicken broth or homemade stock
2 cups chopped spinach
1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni or shell pasta
1/3 cup finely chopped carrot

1. In medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion powder; shape into 3/4 inch balls.

2. In large saucepan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, pasta, chopped carrot and meatballs. Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: