Sunday, February 10, 2008

February 1, 2008 Superbowl Special: Day 6 Beverage Tips/Irish Cream Liqueur

Easy Tastebud Delights
02.01.08 Edition (February 1, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! Well, the storm really WAS as debilitating as the weatherman said it would be. Not only were the buses not running today but school was cancelled. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Today I'm going to share some beverage/party tips for the big event that I heard in an interview with a party planner on Country 95.3. Enjoy!

Of course the first thing I can think of is LOTSA cold beer!! Stock up on a few different kinds: light, ale, lager, pilsener. If you can find variety packs, pick them up, set them in a nice cold fridge along with a bunch of beer mugs in the freezer.

When preparing for mixed drinks only have 2 or 3 choices, (rum, rye, vodka) and lots of different juices and soda choices.

If there will be kids at the party, make some mocktails for them and give them Football names like Kicker Punch or Punters Brew. They will love to be involved in the festivities as well. Speaking of getting the kids involved, at half-time they can sell popcorn, pretzels and hotdogs in bags to the viewing adults. Everything can be set up beforehand and they can tie a string to a box and wrap it around their necks and scream out the items they have.

For those planning to go home afterwards, make sure NOBODY that is drinking will be driving, (discuss arrangements beforehand!) If it is a neighbourhood party, that's great because they can just walk home.

I will be sharing a recipe that I've posted before but it is one of my favourites. I make it about 4 times a year.

Irish Cream Liqueur

1 cup table cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk (300 ml size)
1 cup whiskey (I use the cheapest brand I can find.)
1 tsp. instant coffee (A name brand is suggested. I have tried the cheaper brands and they make the mixture taste gritty.)
2 tbsp chocolate syrup (Any brand will do)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. coconut extract (I have also tried almond or rum extract for a change of taste.)

Combine all ingredients in a blender, hand mixer or food processor, and set on high for 30 seconds, bottle in a tightly sealed container and store in refrigerator. This will keep up to 2 months if kept cool. (It rarely lasts more than a weekend and usually I am asked to make another batch before the evening is through.)

Shake well before serving. Makes 4 cups.

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: