Sunday, February 10, 2008

February 5, 2008 Bay Scallop Stuffed Pasta Shells

Easy Tastebud Delights
02.05.08 Edition (February 5, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! Happy Pancake Tuesday to you!

Today's recipe is one that I tried last night. I got the inspiration from a recipe card given to me from a friend I met a few years ago who is also a foodie, ironically her name just happens to be Ruth, as well. She doesn't live far from me and we don't talk often but every once in awhile we sit down and share ideas and pass on books, cards, magazines and recipes that we no longer want ourselves.

When I started looking this recipe over I thought, "Wow! this sounds YUMMY!" I made some changes to the recipe and after tasting it thought that it was a keeper with a few more changes, like marinading the scallops in citrus juice first and heating the shells instead of having them cold. Here's my version. Enjoy!

Bay Scallop Stuffed Pasta Shells

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. fresh, chopped dill
1 cup frozen, chopped spinach
1 tsp. oregano
1 package frozen, steamed bay scallops, (the small ones!)
1 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tbsp. Zesty Italian salad dressing
1 pkg. cooked large pasta shells
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Marinate scallops in citrus marinade consisting of orange juice, fresh lemon juice, pepper, worchestershire sauce and a squirt of honey, to taste. Let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour.

In a blender, combine cottage cheese, lemon juice, dill and spinach until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl and add oregano, celery, onion, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Add scallops to cheese mixture.

Cook pasta as directed and drain then in a separate bowl, mix the pasta with the Italian salad dressing.

Scoop cheese mixture into shells and warm through in the oven for 1 minute just to melt the cheese.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: