Saturday, December 1, 2007

November 29, 2007 Tasty Tacos

Easy Tastebud Delights
11.29 Edition (November 29, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope your Thursday is going well. Can you believe November is nearly over? Where did the year go?

Tacos are our boys faves! This recipe caught my attention when I saw it because the last time I made a meat sauce for my lasagna, I put a can of tomato soup in the sauce and it turned out very tasty. Enjoy!

Tasty Tacos

1 small chopped onion
1 lb. ground beef
1 can tomato soup
1/4 cup water
1/2 pkg. taco seasoning
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. minced garlic

Toppings:
5-6 torn lettuce leaves, torn into strips
1 diced green pepper
1 diced cucumber
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced, pitted black olives
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa

8-10 taco shells

1. Put the onion and ground beef in a frying pan over medium-high heat, and cook till no longer pink, breaking up the beef with a spoon.

2. Drain any grease, then add the tomato soup, water, chili powder, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt; mix well.

3. Turn to high heat and cook until mixture boils, stirring frequently.

4. When it starts to boil, turn heat to low, and cook until mixture thickens, about 5-7 minutes.

5. To serve, spoon some meat mixture into a taco shell, add toppings of your choice.

6. Makes 8-10 tacos.
-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: