Sunday, December 16, 2007

December 10, 2007 Crockpot Shepherd's Pie

Easy Tastebud Delights
12.10 Edition (December 10, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope your weekend was enjoyable. Fifteen days to go until Christmas, is everyone ready yet?

I've made today's recipe a few times and it's quite tasty. I remember one time I made it, I got everything set up in the pot, turned it on then went out. When I returned, I realized I didn't plug in the crockpot before turning it on. Anyways, always make sure the crockpot is plugged in before turning it on, it results in food that is actually COOKED! Enjoy!


Crockpot Shepherd's Pie

Meat Mixture

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2-3/4 tsp. minced garlic or 2 cloves
dash worchestershire sauce
1 can stems and pieces mushrooms, drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beef broth
pepper

Vegetable Layer

2 cups mixed diced vegetables, (peas, carrots, corn)
1 onion, chopped
dash worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
pepper

Potato Topping

10 potatoes, peeled, diced, cooked and mashed or 2 packages flavoured instant mashed potatoes
1 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese
pepper
garlic (optional)

Turn crockpot on to low heat.
Brown ground beef with onions, garlic, worchestershire sauce and pepper in frying pan. Drain and return to pan. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and bring to boil. Add broth and simmer for 15 min.

Add onion and garlic to vegetables and defrost in the microwave for 5 min. stirring every 2 min. or so. Add pepper and mix.

Layer meat, vegetable and potato layers in crockpot dish and top with mozzarella or cheddar cheese. Cover and cook for 5-8 hours on low temperature setting or 4-6 hours on high setting. Uncover and let stand up to 10 min. before serving.

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: