Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 17, 2007 Mexican Lasagna

Easy Tastebud Delights
12.17 Edition (December 17, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! If you live in Ontario, you know about all the snow we got yesterday. I loved it...stayed inside with my new Betty Crocker cookbook, reading and watching the snow coming down outside. I'm feeling ready for Christmas this year and the snow just intensifies that!

Today's recipe was a winner on Country 95.3 CING FM, "What's for Dinner?" contest. I've seen Rachael Ray make a similar recipe on the show. I'm still hoping to try it.

Over the weekend I spent some time searching through recipe websites and found some that I'd forgotten about or that were new to me. I've found quite a few new recipes to share with you. Enjoy!

Mexican Lasagna

1 package of small round tortillas (10 in a pack)
750g of cottage cheese
Grated cheese (as much cheese as you like)
2 eggs
1 to 1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
Lettuce, tomato, sour cream, black olives, etc for toppings (to taste)

Brown the beef and drain the fat in a strainer then add the taco seasoning per packet directions.

Lay the tortillas in a lasagna pan. (Lay the tortillas in a way that the part of it goes over the edge of the pan yet they're touching at the base of the casserole dish.)

Lay most of the beef on this layer, keeping some to put on the top. Put the cottage cheese in a strainer to let most of the water out. After most of it's out, put it in a bowl, add the eggs and as much cheddar cheese as you like.

Stir the mixture and lay the last 2 tortillas on top of the ground beef. Add the cheese mixture on top of the 2nd tortilla layer then add the last of the ground beef on top of that.

Bake in the oven (about 350 degrees) until the cheese and egg mixture go together for about 20 minutes. Garnish with grated cheese, tomato, lettuce, sour cream, etc.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .