Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December 4, 2007 Oven Fried Scallops

Easy Tastebud Delights
12.04 Edition (December 4, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! Not to panic anyone BUT do you realize in 3 weeks it is Christmas? I am in such a wonderful mood about Christmas this year!! It has always been one of my favourite holidays but usually I get myself worked up to the point of PANIC!

Yesterday while working on the newsletter, I accidently lost 2 weeks worth of upcoming recipe drafts and had to start over again. The recipe I had chosen for today is gone so I decided to post what we had for dinner last night, which was WONDERFUL I might add! I had hoped for a crunchier coating but the scallops themself were tender and tasty! We had them with pan-fried steak, cooked carrots and raw veggies. This recipe is now in my keeper folder and we will be trying them again. Usually when we have scallops, hubby puts them on the barbecue, wrapped in bacon but with the weather as it has been, hubby decided to try something different. Enjoy!


Oven Fried Scallops

1 lb. scallops
2 tbsp. lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
crushed and seasoned cracker crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
splash of milk
splash of worchestershire sauce
splash of tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
4 tbsp. melted butter

Wash scallops well in a colander. Dry each one with a paper towel. Marinate scallops in a flat baking dish for one hour in lemon juice, stir occasionally.

Mix egg, milk, worchestershire sauce, tabasco sauce and minced garlic. Place cracker crumbs seasoned with oregano and garlic powder into a separate container.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Dip scallops in beaten egg mixture then roll in cracker crumbs. Put scallops in baking dish. Add leftover crumbs and cover top with melted butter.

Cook in 450 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes until brown and crisp on outside. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: