Sunday, December 23, 2007

December 22, 2007 Honey-Pepper Pork Roast

Easy Tastebud Delights
12.22 Edition (December 22, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! Well, 3 more sleeps until Christmas, have you found all the recipes and set up your menu for the season? We will be having prime rib and scallops tomorrow, turkey and the fixin's on Christmas day and then on Friday or so, we'll have ham and scalloped potatoes. I can't wait for the turkey soup and found a fantastic recipe for ham and pea soup in Company's Coming-Soups and Stews that I tried last Easter. It was so smooth and creamy. I will try to remember to pull out the recipe and share it before year-end.

Today, I officially finished my shopping. I set my alarm for 5am and headed to Walmart by 6am...around 8am, things started getting busy but I had everything I needed. Thank hubby for the idea and Walmart for being open 24 hours! I wanted to go last night around 6pm...

Anyways, on to recipes! If you would prefer to have a pork roast instead of ham or turkey, this recipe looks so easy and tasty! Enjoy!

Honey-Pepper Pork Roast

1 medium orange
1 bag frozen cranberries (12 oz. or what is available)
3/4 cup honey
1-1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
2 tbsp. crushed peppercorns
1/2 tsp. dried thyme, or 1-1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
1/2 tsp. salt

To make the relish, quarter and slice unpeeled orange, removing seeds. Coarsely chop orange and cranberries in a food processor or by hand. Place in medium saucepan and stir in honey. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Cool. Makes 3 to 4 cups.

To cook the meat, carefully score the pork 1/2 inch deep completely around roast, taking care not to cut string holding it together. Combine honey, mustard, peppercorns, thyme and salt in small bowl; mix well. Place roast on rack in roasting pan. Spoon or brush 2/3 of honey mixture over the meat to coat.

Roast at 325 degrees 30 minutes; brush with remaining honey mixture. Roast 20 to 30 minutes longer, or until a meat thermometer registers 155 to 160 degrees. Let stand, tented with foil, 10 minutes before slicing and serving with cranberry relish. Makes 8 servings.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: