Wednesday, April 9, 2008

March 11, 2008 Chicken Creole

Easy Tastebud Delights
03.11.08 Edition (March 11, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope your Tuesday is going well. Today I will share one of my Mom's recipes from her little blue binder because today would have been her 76th birthday.

Chicken Creole

3 lb. chicken pieces
1/2 tsp. paprika
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
1 green pepper, cut in strips
1/2 cup diced celery
1-19 oz. can tomatoes
1-4-1/2 oz. can mushrooms
2 tbsp. chopped parsley, (optional)

Sprinkle chicken pieces with paprika. Place skin side up on broiler rack and broil about 5 inches from heat until lightly browned, turning once.

Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in large fry pan. Cover. Bring to boil and cook 10 minutes. Add chicken pieces, cover and simmer 45-60 minutes until chicken is tender. Add seasonings to taste. Makes 4-5 servings about 250 calories a serving.

In memory of my Mom, Eloda Berkin

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: