Thursday, August 23, 2007

August 19, 2007 Cathy's Beef Stew

Easy Tastebud Delights
8.19 Edition (August 19, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone and Welcome to the beginning of a new week...I'm wondering if there is any way to slow this summer down, it's going by so quickly that it makes my head spin!

This is one of the recipes I will be adding to Mom's cookbook. I've never met Cathy in person or even spoken to her on the phone but we have become very special online friends.

Cathy is an email friend of mine from the East Coast that I have been corresponding with for about 6 months now. When she found out I was putting together a cookbook, she started sending me some of her recipes by email, specifically for the cookbook. This is one of them. Enjoy!

Cathy's Beef Stew
Cathy Halbot

1 pkg. stew meat, (about 1-1/2 pounds)
1 onion, cut up
1 celery stalk, cut up
3 garlic cloves, cut up...optional
2 large carrots, cut up
1 large turnip, cut up
1 tbsp. chicken stock
3 cups water
Salt to taste & Pepper
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp, Worchestershire sauce

Cook stew meat, when meat is almost cooked, add rest of ingredients. Cook everything on top of stove for 1 hour. Serve with hot biscuits.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: