Saturday, August 11, 2007

August 11, 2007 Quick Shrimp Gumbo (Diabetic)

Easy Tastebud Delights
8.11 Edition (August 11, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone and Happy Saturday to you!

I've received a request for diabetic recipes so as I clean out my database, I will share some of them with the group. I've also gone through a few of my diabetic cookbooks and will type some of the recipes when I get time. This recipe was shared with me by one of the group members, so I've decided to share it as my first recipe. Thanks Jenn!

Quick Shrimp Gumbo ( diabetic from ADA)
4 servings/Serving size: 3 oz shrimp with sauce and 1/4 cup rice

2 cups canned tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup uncooked white rice
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 medium garlic clove, minced
Dash hot pepper sauce
Fresh ground pepper
12 oz precooked jumbo shrimp

1. Place all the ingredients except the shrimp in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
2. Add the shrimp, cover, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp is thoroughly heated. Serve hot.

Exchanges Per Serving:
Lean Meat Exchange -- 1
Starch Exchange -- 1
Vegetable Exchange -- 1
Calories -- 182
Calories from Fat -- 14
Total Fat -- 2g
Saturated Fat -- 0g
Cholesterol -- 167mg
Sodium -- 396mg
Carbohydrate -- 21g
Dietary Fiber -- 2g
Sugars -- 6g
Protein -- 21g


Recipe provided by Jenn B.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: