Monday, January 28, 2008

January 17,2008 Fizzly Crockpot Pork Roast

Easy Tastebud Delights
01.17.08 Edition (January 17, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope your Thursday is going great! Mine was a LONG one...woke up too early feeling a bit under the weather. I think I'll be in bed early tonight...After I see Celebrity Apprentice...love that show!!

Anyways, today's recipe is inspired by a message sent to me through facebook last night. I sent a similar version of this recipe through the newsletter in December using pot roast, soups and cola. I'll be trying today's recipe for tomorrow night's dinner. I had a roast in the freezer and bought everything else needed at the grocery store today, I'll let you know on Saturday how we liked it. I also use the cream soup and onion soup mixes as a sauce for my meatballs and pasta. It is so tasty!!

If anyone would like to add me to facebook, I am under the name Ruth Berkin Johnson...would love to have you as one of my friends.

Thanks Lisa for the recipe, gonna make a few changes to it though, okay? I found cream of broccoli soup at Giant Tiger for 50 cents a can...I cleared the shelf. I also use 1/2 pkg. of onion soup mix because a full pkg. tends to make the sauce too salty. Enjoy!

Fizzly Crockpot Pork Roast

1 pork roast
1 can sodium-free cream of broccoli soup
1/2 pkg. onion soup mix
1 cup 7-up

Place roast in crockpot. Top with cream soup, onion soup mix and 7-up. Cook all day. It makes its own gravy. Remove roast from crockpot and stir the sauce well. Lisa says it's "yummy! "

Recipe submitted by Lisa FS.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: