Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January 7, 2008 Chicken Fettuccine

Easy Tastebud Delights
01.07.08 Edition (January 7, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! Monday is finally here and I got the surprise of my life after sending Ryan to school...He called me at 8:25, (school starts at 8:30), to say that he wasn't feeling well. He's home for another day...

Today's recipe sounds delicious. I've had the spinach pasta before and really enjoy it! I also got a good deal on chicken breasts, so I stocked up. The one thing I see where I will be making a change is that I don't normally salt my pasta water, instead I add about a tablespoon of oil to the water instead. Enjoy!


Chicken Fettuccine

250 grams of green fettuccine
2 tsp. salt
4 cups cooked and cubed chicken/turkey
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream (regular or light)
1/4 cup chopped green onion
3 tbsp. white wine/apple juice
1 tsp. of salt
1 cup grated cheddar

Cook the fettuccine with the salt until it's tender but firm and drain.

Place in a greased 3.5 litre casserole dish and spread the chicken over the noodles.

Mix the soup, sour cream, onion, wine and salt in a bowl and spoon the mixture over the top.

Spread the cheese over it and cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Bake for another 10 minutes uncovered to brown a bit.

Serves 6 to 8.

(wfd 120406)

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

No comments: