Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January 2, 2008 Crock Pot Beef Stew/Sue S.

Easy Tastebud Delights
01.02.08 Edition (January 2, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope your Wednesday is going well. We took the Christmas tree down this morning. I had planned to take the boys to the library today but DANG it's a cold one!! I think we'll clean the house up instead.

After sending yesterday's recipe I had such a craving for Clam Chowder and luckily we had ONE can in the pantry...I thought it might cut the desire but it didn't. Next time I go out I will be picking up the ingredients to make a nice big pot of it along with garlic cheese biscuits.

Today we will carry on with member submissions. I know many people on the list who received crockpots for Christmas, so today's recipe is for Crock Pot Beef Stew. Thanks Sue! Enjoy!

Crock Pot Beef Stew

6 servings
1/2 day

15 min prep
2 lbs beef stew meat cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 bay leaf
3 potatoes, diced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon paprika
2 onions, chopped
2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet(optional)


1. Place meat in crock pot.
2. Mix flour, salt, pepper and pour over meat.
3. Stir to coat meat with flour.
4. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
5. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
6. Stir stew thoroughly before serving.
Submitted by Sue S.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

No comments: