Monday, January 28, 2008

January 18, 2008 Creamy Potato Soup

Easy Tastebud Delights
01.18.08 Edition (January 18, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday! I started my crockpot pork recipe first thing this morning. Supper was really good! It took very little time to put together and started. After removing the roast from the crockpot I added worchestershire sauce and a sprinkle of oregano to the gravy.

Today's recipe is one that I found clipped out of a newspaper and stuck into a cookbook that I bought at a garage sale. The page was yellowed, so I know it's fairly old. It looks so yummy! When my 5 year old and I went to the library today we stopped at Coffee Culture, (a little place near the library), and I had a bowl of Potato and bacon soup...it was wonderful!! In this recipe it calls for blending the mixture until smooth, I suggest not pureeing it all, leave some potato chunks for texture. I would also not serve it cold...just something about chilled soup that makes it not seem like a soup to me. Enjoy!

Creamy Potato Soup

1 lb. (about 3 medium) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1-1/2 cups water
1 cup milk
2 tsp. butter
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
3 tbsp. chopped parsley
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. pepper
salt to taste
1/2 tsp. basil or celery seeds, (optional)

Combine potato and water in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to boil; cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Pour into container of electric blender; blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in milk, butter, onions, parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in salt. Ladle into bowls. Vary the flavour of the soup by stirring in your choice of 1/2 tsp. basil or celery seeds. Can be covered and chilled if desired. Serve cold thinned with a little additional milk.

Makes 4 servings.
-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

No comments: