Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January 4, 2008 Baked Spare Ribs

Easy Tastebud Delights
01.04.08 Edition (January 4, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! Can you believe that Friday is here already? I've had such a hard time keeping track of the days this last couple of weeks because of holidays and such. I think by Monday, (when the kids head back to school), I'll be able to finally figure it all out.

Today's recipe was one of my friend Connie's Mom's recipe. In high school, I spent as much time at Connie's as I did at my own home. In '99, Shirley passed away then in 2004 when Connie came for a visit, she came with her Mom's recipes for me to copy, and brought Mom's blue binder of re
cipes from Dad.

I haven't yet tried this recipe but because I like ribs, figure it will be a good one to try.

Baked Spare Ribs

3-4 lbs. spare ribs
1/2 cup honey
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soya sauce
1 tbsp. garlic powder

Cook spare ribs in boiling water for 1-1/2 hours. Drain and place in shallow pan. Combine sauce ingredients, pour over ribs. Heat in oven while sauce thickens and meat browns.

In memory of Shirley Aho


-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

No comments: