Saturday, January 26, 2008

January 15, 2008 Teriyaki Chicken Wings

Easy Tastebud Delights
01.15.08 Edition (January 15, 2008)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+
Hi Everyone and Happy Tuesday to you!!
Today has been a wonderful one for me. Anyone that knows me well, knows how much I like Country 95.3 radio station and am quite active in the blogs/facebook conversations that are going on...especially the food discussions. I've heard mention of "Wild Wing" (home of 101 different flavoured chicken wings), get togethers and in Sunday's Guardian, I found out that Brampton now has one, (it opened in November 2007). I mentioned to a Brampton Talks member that a get together in Brampton would be a neat idea...well, this morning, Mookie mentioned in his blog about a Wild Wing get together that happened over the weekend so I mentioned that Brampton now has one, he didn't know we had one here and thought a ROAD TRIP to Brampton would be fun: set it up, let me know the day and time! What am I getting myself into?
For Mookie, today's recipe is for chicken wings. Because I love teriyaki, I chose this recipe and am hoping to try it soon.
Anyone that is interested in the get together, I'm looking atSaturday, January 26 or February 2 around 1 or 2pm-ish. Enjoy!
Teriyaki Chicken Wings

1/3 cup water
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup soya sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 green onions, thinly sliced, tops included
16 chicken wings, separated at the joints, wing tips discarded or saved for soup

Combine water, pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar, and ginger in a small saucepan. Gently heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Stir in green onions.

Place chicken wings in a large zippy bag. Pour in the teriyaki marinade. Squeeze out the air and seal. Turn bag to distribute the marinade over the wings. Refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil. Place a cooling rack in the bottom of the pan. Place chicken wings on the rack and cover with the marinade from the bag. Cover pan with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes to crisp up the skin.

Yield: 4 servings
-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: