Monday, September 10, 2007

September 9, 2007 Easy Smothered Chicken

Easy Tastebud Delights
9.09 Edition (September 9, 2007)
Quick and Easy Recipes
Less than 30 minutes

Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday to you!

Today is my youngest son's 5th birthday so I will be using a recipe that was submitted from a group member. I really enjoy when recipes are sent to me so I can use them during busy times. Keep them coming everyone!! and thanks Jackie!

Easy Smothered Chicken

1 tbsp. veg. oil
1/4 cup of each - finely chopped: onion, green pepper, & celery
1 lb. skinless whole chicken breasts or thighs
1 pkg. McCormick Mushroom Gravy Mix
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk

Heat oil over med.-high heat. Add onion, green peppers, and celery.
Saute 2 minutes or until veg. are crisp tender.

Add chicken and cook 6 - 7 minutes per side or until browned.

Combine mushroom gravy and milk. Stir in chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes.

Makes 4 servings

Submitted by Jackie A.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: