Monday, September 3, 2007

September 3, 2007 Chicken Lasagna

Easy Tastebud Delights
9.03 Edition (September 3, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone and Happy Labour Day to you all! Are you Mom's ready to send Junior and Juniorette off to school tomorrow? Ryan and I spent yesterday going through his clothes to see what still fits, what's still too big and what he has outgrown...WOW! I was surprised at just how much my boy has grown over the summer! It must have been all the fresh air and exercise! ;oD

The recipe I will be sharing today is one of my first meals made from a recipe...the recipe, by the way, was a friend on the end of the phone guiding me through each step with lots of questions thrown in along the way...I must say I was a fledgling at the time but luckily my friend was patient with my silly questions, (most of the time).

The reason I am sending this recipe is because I found my "notes" for this recipe yesterday and could barely recognize the recipe after all the changes I made to it over the years.

I enjoy making this a few days after Thanksgiving with some of the leftover turkey or anytime with leftover chicken. Enjoy!

Chicken Lasagna

Soup Mixture

2 cans cream soup
1 can mushrooms
1 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper
poultry seasoning and garlic to taste
fresh herbs can also be used

Combine together, heat through.

Cheese Mixture

8 oz. ricotta cheese
8 oz. cottage cheese
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. chopped garlic

Mix together.

10-12 lasagna noodles, cooked, ready to use or fresh
4 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped

Mix 1/2 the soup mixture with the meat.

Topping

1 cup grated mozzarella cheese or
1/2 cup melted butter
1-1/2 cups bread crumbs

Mix together slowly.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Layer by starting with 1/2 the soup mixture, noodles, meat mixture, noodles, cheese, noodles remaining 1/2 soup then topping.

Cook uncovered for 30 min.

When using fresh lasagna noodles, it isn't necessary to boil them.

I have used cream of mushroom + cream of chicken with great success. I have also used cream of celery + cream of chicken.

Inspiration for recipe from Sandi Paton.

-------

If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .