Wednesday, November 7, 2007

November 5, 2007 Turnips with Apples

Easy Tastebud Delights
11.05 Edition (November 5, 2007)
Easy Recipes
45 minutes+

Hi Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready to start a new week.

I received this recipe from a friend of mine and thought I would share it with you.
Thanks Steve! Enjoy!

Turnips with Apples
Serves 6 to 8
1 Large turnip
1 Tbsp butter
2 Apples
1/4 cup brown sugar
pinch of cinnamon
CRUST

1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsps butter
Peel, dice , cook, drain and mash the turnip with butter. Peel and slice apples, toss with turnips and apples in alternate layers beginning and ending with turnips. Combine crust ingredients to a crumbly texture and pat on top of casserole. Bake at 350 for one hour.

Submitted by Steve B.

-------
If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send me an email with Newsletter in the Subject Line.

Be sure to visit my website .

No comments: